About this Webinar
Authorizations are among the most manual and costly transactions for health plans and providers alike. Health plans spend a significant amount of time and resources managing the authorization process, as do providers who must navigate rules that are complex, varied, and quickly compound across health plans. Provider frustration can be damaging to health plans and their member relationships.
There are several factors that make this workflow more complex to implement than other administrative workflows. Medical authorizations can be one of the most inefficient and frustrating barriers to effective patient care, contributing to care delays in 92% of cases, according to a recent survey by the American Medical Association (AMA)1. Providers reported that 84% classify the burden of prior authorizations as high or extremely high.
In this thoughtful and timely webinar, NaviNet is taking a hard look at authorization issues, the trends that are emerging and how prior authorizations can help lead to improved workflows.
Here are topics this webinar will address:
- How can Prior-Authorizations significantly increase collaboration between payers and providers
- How to ensure treatments are covered by health plans and patients are getting the care they need
- Reducing care approval uncertainties with pre-checks
- How payer guidance is crucial in establishing an efficient workflow
- How has Covid-19 impacted prior authorization processes and what does the future hold
- How is the Two -Day Rule Impacting Response times
- How PAs can reduce Provider uncertainties
- What is the impact of new technology standards such as those from the Da Vinci project and how they can lead to further efficiencies
Sandeep ‘Bobby’ Reddy, MD
Chief Medical Officer
VP, Product Management & Strategy